Saturday, April 13, 2013

Ombre

I love Saturdays!  I wish everyday was Saturday!  It's a perfect day to stay inside and stamp and try to figure out my Cameo machine, so thats what I intend to do.  Everyone says I shouldn't get rid of my Cameo machine, that I should play with it for a bit.  I think after this morning, they may be right!

I went browsing for a few challenges to play in this morning and found 3 right away that looked like they'd be fun, so here goes!

The challenge is to use something that begins
with the first letter of your name.







Here is my card:


I found the die cut at the Silhouette store and downloaded it, and I'm quite pleased with the results, so I think I'll keep my Cameo for now!  :)  I cut the image in several different colors so I could do the ombre technique.  What do ya think?

Recipe:
Stamps: Amuse
Paper: Marco's textured white
Ink: Versafine Black
Misc: Jewels, Cameo cut files
Pin It

11 comments:

Alexander said...

Wow!
Your card looks great!
I love the colors .... actually I love everything!
If you want, come on my blog ... ... ... and if you want you can ask to become a Member? .... Please. I'd be honored

Lady Bug Stampers said...

I think your card is beautiful. Love the simplicity of it.
www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com
Linda K.

Marisa said...

Great double challenge card, Julie :) Thanks for joining us at JUGS this week.

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool!!

Nancy said...

So glad you joined us at JUGS this week! Glad your having better luck with your cameo. This is a great unisex card!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well HOWDY stranger! so glad you joined in with JUGS today -- love your card!

ps - I so want a Cameo! :)

Teneale Williams said...

Simply stunning. You have done a wonderful job. Thanks for playing at CASE Study

Teneale

Beverley said...

I love Saturday's too! FAB card, love the chevron border & the ombre effect. Super CAS too :) Hugs Bev

cbuswell said...

Love the simplicity, fab! thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Andrea Ewen said...

What a wonderful CAS design! Love the color fade. Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study!

Sarah said...

Fabulous CAS card Julie! Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts this week for our Use Your Name challenge x