Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baby Shower Card



I went to a friends baby shower today. I wanted to get something for her, cause I knew the baby would get a ton of stuff. I was right...the baby got a ton of stuff. I opted for the non-traditional gift for the mom-to-be, and also went for a non-traditional baby card! Oh, by the way, I got her a gift certificate for a pedicure.



The stamp is made by Make an Impression, I used the Geranium image which I picked up at my LSS yesterday. Although it was time consuming, I do like the finished product. I also got a punch to go with it. You stamp the image, then insert the small punched flowers into the actual flower places on the stamp. You push down on the middle of the punched flower on something soft (I used the spongy thing that came with my mat pack), then pick it up with tweezers, dip it in some glue and put it onto the card. Yeh, can you believe I actually did that!!??

Colors on the card are all SU, Old Olive, Real Red, More Mustard and White. I colored it with prismas, and used my Swiss Dot CB folder.

Enjoy, and as always....thanks for stopping by!






Pin It

2 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Looks awesome!! When I was there, I looked at this geranium stamp...good choice!! It does take a lot of patience to do these cards, but you did GREAT!! Love it!

Janice M said...

Awesome card Julie! It was even prettier in real life!