Saturday, May 30, 2009

Flowers!

Who doesn't love this time of year when the flowers are in bloom and everything looks so alive! We spent last weekend working our butts off around the house with spreading rocks around the pool, mulching, planting shrubs and flowers, etc etc etc. Its hard work, but its so gratifying when its done and you see how beautiful everything looks.

I have several pictures to share with you today. I did Sharons challenge here http://notimetostamp.blogs.splitcoaststampers.com/2009/05/29/stamp-simply-89-spring-has-sprung/ Two of my favorite flowers are lilacs and geraniums. I have a dwarf lilac bush, and I always plant red geraniums in front of the house. They just seeem so patriotic to me for some reason.
The above picture is the Blossoms Abound from SU, I used Mellow Moss paper, always artichoke, lovely lilac, along with some BG dp. I love the look of the flower soft on the lilacs...makes them look real.



This is one of my favorite stamps.....I punched out the geraniums and glued them on the image. Actually the entire image is cut out and glued onto the white, its looks 3-D. Paper is from PTI...Pure Poppy and the dp, along with more always artichoke from SU.

I have a few other pictures to share....some of our hard work around the house. We spread 5 tons of rock around the pool so far, I need to order another 5 ton!.....enjoy and thanks for stopping by.




Pin It

3 comments:

Janice M said...

WOW! Great cards Julie! I guess it's about time that I mounted my Blossoma abound set??!!! Yard looks nice too!

Michelle B. AKA JustPaintingAround said...

I love geraniums! Your geranium card is awesome!

Chrissy said...

oooooooo love your geranium and lilac cards! So beautiful!!