Monday, May 10, 2010

Critter Challenge and a Bug Lesson!

Today is Critter Challenge day!
The wonderful Dustin Pike is our sponsor this month!
How cool is that!

Bug lesson - did you know that the female praying mantis
eats the male after mating....starting with his head?
Isn't that a novel idea??
Think of that next time your dh is getting on your nerves....

ok, onto my card:

Now you see where I was coming from with the praying
mantis story huh???

Isn't "she" too cute?
This is a Sweet Sunday Sketch from a
couple weeks ago, and I just love it!

Be sure to check out what the entire DT has in store

Critter Challenge





Card Details:
Stamps: Image from Dustin Pike
Paper: PTI White, Garden Variety dp from Cosmo Cricket
Ink: printer ink
Misc: twill ribbon, nestie, copics, rub ons, dimensionals

stop back for another post later

Pin It

11 comments:

Craft Paper said...

I love the simplicity of your card! Great job.

Lisa Somerville said...

Great CAS card!

Lynette said...

So cute, Julie!

Unknown said...

Julie, this card is sooo cute! Love the ribbons and that little bug!

Stacy Sheldon said...

ya know, I am very much not into bugs so that is a really cute image :)
(cute bugs = OK )
Love how you layered the twills

Marisa said...

Grasshopper looks like me when I have nine kids here after school LOL! Darling image and use of Karen's sketch.

Melanie said...

I love your DT card this week. I love the simplicity of it. Georgous!!

Leigh Anne said...

oooo I LOVE THIS... love green and that you photo'd it with the green bg - nice! :)

Kathryn B said...

I love the simplicity...sometimes less is more and it works perfectly for your card! Great job Julie!

Carrie said...

Adorable!! I love the lesson. ;)

Cute layout too!

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How adorable! :)